Monday, December 20, 2010

Morning Worship

I was reading the book of Proverbs this morning. Somehow I ended up in the 20th chapter so I just started reading from there. The thing that I love about Proverbs is that I will learn the gamut of things in one chapter or from one verse to the next. However in the middle of my reading a song resonated in my spirit so I stopped reading and looked up this song on Youtube and started worshipping to "How He Loves" by The Glorious Unseen, but then by The David Crowder Band. The words display one of the most beautiful pictures of how God has bestowed his relentless love upon us!

I think I want someone to sing this at our wedding for this reason...For me, my FIRST LOVE was Jesus Christ. He taught me all His truths about what it means to have love, give love, recieve love, walk in love, talk in love etc. That doesnt mean I get it right everytime, but if it had not been for His true example then I would not be in the place that I am now. I was at a crossroads when I faced the fact that I was in love with another person so deeply because this meant that I was going to have to divide my time between this lifelong relationship and God. Up until this time I was giving my WHOLE heart to God. My whole heart will still be with Him, but now He is giving me the opportunity to share this love with the one who will make me whole. But there is no condemnation in our desires to be married, besides, God is the one who created the institution of marriage. He said that it was not good for man to be alone...and there it was. She was bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh and he declared it good. Genesis 2:23-24.

Here is a picture of my crossroads. Check this out... 1 Corinthians 7:32-35

32 But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord-how he may please the Lord.

33 But he who is married cares about the things of the world-how he may please his wife.

34 There is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world-how she may please her husband.

35 And this I say for your own profit, not that I may put a leash on you, but for what is proper, and that you may serve the Lord without distraction.

WOW!!

3-in-1 (God, me, husband),
charlAMAZING

No comments:

Post a Comment