Saturday, December 18, 2010

30 day countdown-28

First thing this morning I went to go get fitted for a Body Magic...basically a girdle. Ha! No shame in my game. After that I spent time looking for bedroom furniture after The Mister put his foot down on a great deal this Indian store owner at Gwinett mall offered me. Its not like one of those reputable stores with a track record, but obviously they stay in business somehow. The guy offered me a king bedroom suite with EVERYTHING including mattress and boxspring for $1400 with a 6 month layaway (payment) plan!!!...hmmm maybe thats the catch :/ I guess it sounded a little too good to be true.

Visits to American Signature Furniture, Haverty and Ashley Furniture proved to be an eye opener because now I have to pay the real price for this stuff...doggit! The cost of furniture is no joke, but I must admit I love furniture shopping. Furniture makes a statement about who you are and how you want to feel when you step into a room. I liked serveral different styles, colors and themes. Thats usually the case with me on almost everything anyways. At least I am consistent. But I did find a FEW pieces that tickled my fancy and my budget. Course I live to beat the prices I have already found while not compromising quality :) It s like a game for me. Somethings its okay to trade quality for quantity, but not furniture. Its best to make that good investment the first time and you will have a set you can count on for life. Anyhoo, hopefully the next stop is Farmers and The Dump.

Since its Christmas break for me I have had time to stay up late and do some things. I cleaned and packed up some stuff I need to take over to our apartment. How can one person who has never really lived on her own have so much STUFF...mostly useless stuff like arts and crafts, too many novelty t-shirts, and BAGS! Im talking bags that were souvenirs, paraphenalia, free, gifts, and the like. I mean how do I know what to keep and what to let go. I want these bags, but do I really need to hold on to them?? One good episode of Hoarders will take care of that problem. Everytime I watch that show I just start throwing things away.

Welp, I started my spreadsheet of RSVPs for wedding to get a total of how many "say" they are coming because the deadline to RSVP was last weekend so far we are about 75% of the way there. Lastly, all of the bridesmaid dresses have been picked up and almost everyone has gotten their shoes except 2 people. So things are moving along with decent timing.

Next on the list...get pix from my friend from bridal shower so I can post, send out thank you's for shower and early wedding gifts, email hostesses updates and reminders, start working on wedding program and DIY projects for wedding.

TICK tock,
charlAMAZING

No comments:

Post a Comment