Sunday, December 8, 2013

5 Love Languages


The 5 Love Languages is a book by Gary Chapman which explains 5 ways that people want to be loved. When others are speaking those love languages they feel THE MOST loved and their "love tank" is full. However, when their language is not spoken they feel unloved no matter how much you try to demonstrate love in your own way...it's not enough.  If you are having a hard time communicating to your husband what it takes for you to feel truly loved perhaps you are not exactly sure or you need a little help. The book is a great resource. However, you can go over to the online quiz to find out your love language.

They say that your love language is the language you find yourself doing the most for others.  I love to serve and help others.  Its fun to me.  I've been like that since I was little.  With that being said, I love for my husband to help me.  My husband loves my undivided attention.  If I'm not giving it to him just the way he wants it we have some SERIOUS issues.  I'm the type of person that wants to carry on a conversation from two different rooms while I do laundry or dishes etc.  He wants me to sit down and get eyeball to eyeball.  So guess what, we get eyeball to eyeball.

Don't be surprised it it takes some time for have an appreciation for one anothers' style of love, but I certainly love the outcome of investment I have made in him and my marriage.  More importantly, isn't that how our Father loves us...individually and uniquely.  Our marriage is the only institution on earth where we are demonstrating Christ's love for his church (bride)

"For these people, actions speak louder than words."

"For some people, what makes them feel most loved is to receive a gift."

"This language is all about giving the other person your undivided attention."

"To this person, nothing speaks more deeply than appropriate touch."

"This Language uses words to affirm other people."


My love language is Acts of Service and my secondary one is Quality Time. Most people have a runner up. Boy, is my love tank full when The Mister is helping me get groceries out of the car and doing those dishes. Whats funny is, many times our spouse's language is totally different than ours.  Which causes us to grow because we have to step outside of our strengths and comfort zones in order to make sure we are filling their love tank.


The book is phenomenal, but if you just want to know what your love language is then take the test for yourself :)



No comments:

Post a Comment