Friday, April 9, 2010

They Say It Gives You Wings...

So I met with my wedding planner (friend of mine) yesterday and he was READY! He kinda made me feel like I should be more into my wedding because he sure was....kidding ;) No but really I live for a TO DO list! I typically write so many that I will misplace most of the random sheets that I had to spill my thoughts on throughout the day that I may or maynot accomplish all of my tasks. With Mr. Planner's help and direction it has given me peace of mind!

The funniest part about the meeting with the wedding planner is that The Mister came in with his executive notebook ready to take notes and be engaged in this whole process and by the time Mr. Planner began asking questions, making suggestions and giving tasks...The Mister had scratched his head, wrinkled his brow, gave me his pen and closed his notebook. HA!! Meanwhile, Im just barely keeping up. LOL

There were several points in the conversation when I plainly said "I dont know" for questions like: what is the theme of your wedding? what kind of flowers do you want to have? real or fake? who is your bible bearer? who is your bell ringer? when are you going to take your engagement photos? do you know what kind of table settings you want to have for the reception? And it felt like all the questions poured out of his mouth just like that. And THAT is why The Mister had a mental meltdown and I was just barely keeping up.

In the end he reassured me that time is on our side and we are on track. He told The Mister that "it aint about you so you may as well keep an open mind". And that was that...meeting #1 with my awesome wedding planner.

Red Bull anyone?...Life is Sweet,
charlAMAZING

No comments:

Post a Comment